Monday, December 18, 2023

What Others Think

If we worry too much about what others think of us while we are writing our stories, we'll end up with bland stories no one wants to read, or we can't write at all.  

My mom was always my first reader, and, after that, I didn't care what anyone else thought of me after reading my books.  She didn't like the sex and violence, but she accepted that I was writing to genre, and all my paranormal and science fiction confused her, but she was alway my biggest fan.  


What I've always found really funny is people's reactions in person.  I'm a middle-aged hobbit matron--tiny and plump with the kind of face and vibes that attracts timid children, pets, and confused tourists looking for directions, but I've had readers back away from me when they talk about my villain in STAR-CROSSED.  There's nothing like writing a sociopath who hates men to make both sexes scared of a hobbit.  (evil grin)


SCHEDULE NOTE:  With Christmas coming next Monday, I won’t be posting.  Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the holiday.  


No comments: